10-Nights Jewels of Southern Africa
We honour many of Africa’s jewels on our safaris, and on this wonderfully eventful, under-two-week safari we present three especially radiant gems: sparkly Cape Town, gargantuan Victoria Falls, and the classically golden savannahs and lush forests of the private Sabi Sand Game Reserve, next to Kruger National Park. We begin with four nights in Cape Town’s knockout One&Only, a resort of outsize luxury on the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and a superb base for explorations in this most cosmopolitan of cities and its varied, magnificent environs. Then comes a splendid four nights in the bush at beautifully designed Tengile River Lodge, on a serene bend in the private Sabi Sand Game Reserve’s Sand River. We end with a perennial favourite, the famed Royal Livingstone, where mist from nearby Victoria Falls freshens our day.
10 nights from $21500 per person
Supplier: Micato Safaris
Cape Town is southern Africa's most beautiful, most romantic and most-visited city. Few urban centers anywhere can match its setting along the Cape Peninsula spine, which slides like the mighty tail of the continent into the Atlantic Ocean. By far the most striking - and famous - of its sights is Table Mountain, frequently mantled by clouds, and rearing up from the middle of the city to provide a constantly changing vista to the suburbs below. Table Mountain is the city's solid core which divides the city into distinct zones with public gardens, wilderness, forests, hiking routes, vineyards and desirable residential areas trailing down it's lower slopes.
The town of Victoria Falls is a pleasant place, created for visitors. There are hiking routes and rental bicycles. There are also trinket shops, selling everything from cheap T-shirts to antique African musical instruments. Carvings of masks and animals are a tradition around the area (as is the bargaining required to purchase them for a reasonable price). The Victoria Falls Hotel, a short walk from the falls, still operates in full colonial splendor and should be seen even by those not staying there. Visit Crocodile Ranch and Craft Village - a fascinating glimpse into Zimbabwean culture. Visit Livingstone, just across the border in Zambia— more than just a tourist town and more character than Victoria Falls. Another appealing side trip is to Chobe National Park, in neighboring Botswana. Chobe is one of the finest game parks in the world.
Sabi Sands is located in the south western region of the Greater Kruger National Park. The game reserve is home to lions, leopards, rhinos, buffalo and elephants. You will find plenty of accommodations, safari tours and restaurants.
Valid Travel Dates
- Luxury accommodations
- All meals, including a private home dinner and cocktails in Cape Town with Pinto family friends
- Regional wine and beer at mealtimes, vehicles stocked with soft drinks and bottled water
- Every last gratuity, even substantial ones to Game Rangers, Trackers, waiters, porters… and everyone else, from beginning to end of your safari
- Daily valet laundry service. You can pack less and even return home with a bag of clean clothes… now that’s luxury!
- Free Wi-Fi wherever it exists on safari, including camps and lodges. All airport transfers, game park, national park, and conservancy fees
- Sublime safari swag! Bush hats, specially designed Micato Safaris duffels, luggage tags, document wallets, flashlights, and more
- For every safari sold, Micato sends an African child to school.
- Four in-depth days in effervescent Cape Town, one-on-one meetings with local go-getters and experts, exhilarating visits to Table Mountain, the charmingly colourful Malay Quarter, an inspirational Micato-AmericaShare project, and the city’s many other shopping, historical, and human highpoints.
- Encounters with, and oenophilic wisdom from elite vintners in the gorgeous Cape Winelands.
- Touchdown-to-takeoff service from expert guides and facilitators and 24-hour backup by our Concierge Service.
- Wildlife excursions by 4-wheel drive vehicles and on foot in the wonderfully isolated Sabi Sands private game reserve adjoining Kruger National Park, in 4-wheel drive vehicles and on expertly guided, deeply informative walking safaris.
- Two days of awe-striking views and rainforest trail walking at the world’s most stupendous waterfall, Victoria Falls.
Prices, additional fees, itineraries, and availability of this product are subject to change at any time. Please contact us for more information.
Please Note: If a minimum number of travellers is not reached, Micato may provide local guides in each location in place of a Micato tour or safari director. Extensions are locally guided.
Not Included in Quoted Tour Rates:
Cost of obtaining passports, visas, travel insurance, excess baggage charges, items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, communication (calls, faxes, emails, etc.), international airport departure tax (to be paid in U.S. dollars or acceptable foreign currencies), and deviations from the tour.
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
The Cruise & Vacation Authority
1760 Powers Ferry Rd.
Marietta, GA 30067
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.